Tuesday, August 18, 2015

"STUDY" visual development "CARS&TRUCKS"


This assignment was given to me by a mentor of mine. It was the first assignment of many that I'll be posting throughout this blog. The assignment was to design 3 vehicles of different time periods 1890's, 1950's, and 1970's.  The only advice was "Think CHARACTER, HISTORY, TIME PERIOD, STORY, and IMPERFECTION. rough and not cleaned up.     
1950's concept car.  


Exploring the interior of the car. I over did it with the V8 engine. Made it way to big it popped out of the hood and was a bit over kill for the design of the car. Also the seats are way to small for the car I don't know what I was thinking. It could of been easily corrected in Photoshop but it was hand drawn and I was asked to redraw it to learn from my mistakes. 
Same with the 3 quarter back nothing adds up. Sizes are wrong and perspective is S*@#. Not paying attention and just trying to get it done. Shame on me!
Second time around I made sure things fit. Changed the body a bit to the 60's, a little sportier and dropped the engine to a little inline 6. 
Perspective is off a bit but everything fits nicely. :)


Fun truck thumbnails :)







No comments:

Post a Comment